Thursday 16 April 2009

One step forward means two steps back

Well Paddy was in a truly awful mood. Fiona blames the weather cause it was a bit cold and wet, but it wasn't. She blames the weather cause the last time he was as naughty as he was today was when it was freezing with snow.

But anyway, I was hoping to do some dressage practise but Paddy thought not. He was walking alright and then got sluggish so I gave him a tap with the whip so he bucked, so I kicked him on just for him to rodeo (rear then buck) and he did the constantly everytime I put my leg on. Then Fiona came to chase him a bit with the whip, which normally gets him going, instead he did a bigger rear and buck twice. Idiot! haha. So I got nothing done in that session and I put him on the lunge, and he knew he was in trouble to cantered nicely on one rein, before tryingto kill be again on the other rein by refusing to move, just swinging his bum and bucking. Not happy today.

Bought him a fly mask which he looks slightly rediculous but seeing as he hates the flies cause he's always headshaking I figured he needed one! haha!

And i tried to pull his mane, another thing he hates, so we didn't get far with that. Time to get Fiona to sort it out as it will need plaiting up! ha!

No comments: