Saturday 3 January 2009

No One Reads This

and so I am going to have a rant about my pony..again

There will be a 6 month video which will contain some stuff :\

Anyway, I actually had another meltdown but I haven't had one in a while tbh. He just would not do anything and I wondered why I bought him. Why have I had to go through 6 months of hard work and fustration and still have all this fustration and anger? Clearly it's me if 'he works fine with fiona' My confidence is at a serious low now, I daren't argue or smack because of the consequence. I haven't fallen off in 3 months and I don't want to and that's why I daren't smack him. I built the confidence up to smack him on the bum. I did that twice but it took courage and since thursday I have lost confidence when he bucked about 5 times and I didn't even smack him. I can hardly vary his work because I am so nervous :( I thought we had come so far I take it I was wrong?

There's millions more I could write, but I think I would get really upset :\

3 comments:

Jooles said...

Don't lose heart, Pea will be picking up your vibes. Try to feel confident when you're riding. He's taking advantage of you not being confident. If he bucks, give him a sharp pull on one rein and make him turn a tight circle. By the way ... I'm reading your blog ...:D

Annabel said...

I have watched your youtube videos and read you blogs (yeah so I read them hehe)
I would suggest paying out a little bit of money for a physio to come look at him, if only just once. I can't explain to you the difference it could make.
Bucking is a strong sign on uncomfort and a physio can help you to sort that out soo easily without all the hassle of vets.
The one that we use/I know, costs £40 for first visit then £30 for everytime after that.

ground work makes a difference, I would say join-up however if he is bad when lunging and freeschooling then maybe not. lol

I hope things get better. x

Laura Briers said...

yeah i really want to do free schooling but the yard ownerwon't let us. and our indoor hasnt been put back in :|